Friday 18 October 2013

Experimenting

I'm still working on the narrative of the Aztecs. But need to crack on with design as well, to depict the Aztec characters I have been experimenting different ways of maybe realising the Codex as 3d geometry in Maya. I spoke to Alex about creating 2D characters in Maya that always face the character. I will need to create one Rig, with every kind of Aztec accessory in it, then i should be able to use instancing to turn them on and off and randomise them. This is proving to be challenging at the
modelling stage.






Aswell as the codex in the museum I have bought a book called "The Codex Borgia" 

In this amazing book, there are hundreds of Aztec illustrations and beautiful designs. I love them but Im struggling to fit them into the project as I originally envisioned it. I've attempted to model them in 3D.  








As you can see, my first attempt isnt up to much at all. I've always avoided modelling because i find it quite tedious, I'm going to get much better if I want to make this project. However, I just dont think these characters can be produced in 3D. 

Started a tutorial in Nurbs modelling. 





Have tried to storyboard this properly after creating the first animatic. I have listed lenses to be used an colour coded the difficulty of creating the shot from green (easy) to orange (challenging) 







No comments:

Post a Comment