Sunday 27 October 2013

New animatic

In this updated animated, i have added in a scene at the beginning showing the story. The is also a motion tracked scene using a 3d modelled head in a filmed enviroment. The story is beginning to make more sense. But I dont like the cards at the beginning or the end.



I have been experimenting with clouds in Maya in summer and had another check up on it last week. These feature in the animatic and I think they turned out quite well. I changed the evoloution of them over time to quite high and it gave the time-lapse effect i was looking for.



I also looked at the ocean shader, for the water with the crane. 



This shader was pretty much a job in itself but I didnt want to use after effects for a cheap water effect. I think this looks ok for now, but could use more transparency. 


The problems with the animatic, the story needs to link up and make sense, I like the idea of starting in the museum, but how to make that work? Also, i think it needs some kind of narration but I hate narration. 






No comments:

Post a Comment