Saturday 7 December 2013

Boujou VS NukeX



I've decided to focus with Boujou for the rest of the time I have left. I like NukeX for splitting apart EXR files and sorting out renders, but for this kind of work, getting out image sequences and exporting to maya, The Boujou and AE workflow is a lot faster and more friendly.

I filmed this footage inside the British Museum Aztec section. Doing this made me realise a few things.
- A steady-cam is a must.
- Focus pulls are a pain in the arse on the smaller lenses that I love for photography.
- tracking markers are a must.
- People are a nuisance and make filming anything difficult.







Im not sure what I was aiming for filming this. It wobbles all over the place and I had no idea what I was actually going to put in the scene. However this gave me a wonderful new job of "IMAGE STABILISATION"

Now. Im a patient man. But the idea of 2D tracking footage before 3D tracking it made me sick to my stomach. But apparently the new creative cloud is good for something.



The Warp Stabilizer VFX button, smoothed it all out with a single click. 







No comments:

Post a Comment